Wednesday 16 January 2013

What do I wear?

So at midnight earlier, i got the first message from a Miss 'prettyinpink', asking me to suggest outfits for a traditional malay wedding and where to have our bridal gowns customize here in SG.
Well, fret not because I have just the best, and of course cheapest solution for you!

So, let me first start by saying that what you wear on your wedding could possibly much reflect a lot about your sense of style, your personality, and even more, your ke-daring-ness.
Long gone were those days when couples went for the 12-outfit changes. (my mum did it and oh she didnt really had any nice things to say about it. sorry)
I think sekarang more or less 3-4 outfits? Baju nikah, baju sanding part 1, baju sanding part 2, and the evening wear. (haha. part 1 and 2)

I opted for the 3 outfit package by Charisma and though her choices is definitely stunning, i couldn't help myself but to approach Aunt Viv for her expertise in making a 'inspired dress' for me, for my evening wear that is.

Yes, Aunt Vivian, is a hell of a tailor. Show her a picture of your dream dress, pay her the minimal, give her 3months, and she WILL and she HAS produce the exact piece of what her client wants.
.
Stay tuned to the end of this to read testimonials from her previous brides themselves who had their wedding gowns tailored made by Aunt Viv and all those dresses proved to be more elegant than most I see on some brides (no offence but some gowns are really ugly).

Tradition?
Well, tradition plays a very big part in a malay wedding, whether we like it or not. and truth to be told, what we wear, how we wear it and where we wear it will be commented by those who sees us in it.

I have been to weddings where i'll hear makcik2 saying among themselves, 'astargfirrullahhalazim, ade ke patut nikah pakai baju low cut nak sign kene tutup2'. Ah well, normal la tu kan. pakai tudung salah, tak pakai tudung salah. mesti dpt unnecesary comment. sungguh benci.

So, I have had the privilege  to have a mutual understanding with my mum and MIL that for my nikah, I wun be wearing a tudung, but I will definitely make the effort to dress appropriately. meaning NO low cut baju, no see through, no fancy2, no visible corset. and of course it has to be white. not white white because like i said before, i HATE pure pure white. maybe off white, or creamish smtg smtg. nasib baik i have the most understanding mum and MIL who share my sentiments in just 1 thing.

Seriously, I don't see the point if you are going to be all covered up wearing tudung for your nikah, but you go wearing a halter neck, keyhole back for your evening wear, or a tube dress. sungguh tak logic. I mean yes of course you want to make the nikah process as sacred as possible but whatever la eh, the conscience is with you. :)

So for my Nikah baju, though I have yet to meet Kak Salwah on the finalisation of the event outfit BUT i will not stray away on what i want specifically.

Nikah has to be smtg creamish, maybe pale pink. I do have a few designs in mind that I would prolly ask Aunt Viv if she could tailor it for me just in time before my last fitting in oct. Here are some of it, pics courtesy of who's who involved. :)





Gorgeous. Gorgeous. Gorgeous. 

Though it might not look as good on me as it looked on them, because im only 1.6m, BUT i dun care. heh. I'll be sitting most of the time anyways right, so takpelahhhhhh. asalkan hati gembira. :)

So that't that for the Solemnization outfit. Next is of course the main one, the Sanding outfit. Well, my mum and MIL wants me to put on that sanggul lintang thing. AND with FLOWERS. so i guess i wont disappoint them, and for the fact that those sangguls can be very pretty. though i heard some of my friends say that some of them could be pretty heavy and all. but alah. pakai sekejab jer. Beauty is pain mah. 

I am still considering what colour to have on for the sanding outfit. Aidil wants "something bright green' or 'orange' and i was like oh god no. no no no. though it doesnt clash with the decor and all. but god no. trust me when i say that i do not have a single piece of green OR orange colour top in my cupboard. NONE. 
so no can do amigo. heh. 

Maybe a turquoise blue, or pink, or royal yellow perhaps?

definitely NOTHING green. orange, red, black, purple, brown,. God no. 

However, the sanggul lintang, and thank god Charisma has a few types because the thing is, I dont want to go minimal neither do I wanna have 5kg of sanggul on my head. smtg just there. no illustrations for it but i will love it when i see it i guess? 

Alright. as for the evening wear, i have decided to have mine tailor made, none other than from Mdm Vivian.
Check out her blog at www.vivian-gown.blogspot.com. She has some very very stunning dresses that she tailored made herself from scratch. yes! FROM SCRATCH!. Here's a few that I like. haizzzzz.
if only i can wear each and every one of them.

too bad i only can wear 1 lahh. 





Well, the design that I had tailored made isnt here, but these were a few that I had shortlisted. :)
If so happens that the one you like is already on the rack. off the rack prices ranges from 250-500. but not too worry, her rack dresses are all good as new. :)

for designs that you want customed made, her prizes are from 700-1500+. depends really on what you want and the fabric that she will be using. but seriously, you wont be able to find cheaper and quality wedding gowns but from Aunt Viv. She doesnt have a shop so viewings and fittings are done at the comfort of her home in Anchorvale. So go see her! And pls quote me when you do! :) 

And ladies, she tailors almost everything. So if you're looking for a simple dress for your save the date or graduation or a wedding of a friend, go to her. I mean, you can always keep it right? 

What's a wedding dress without a veil right? I am going for the traditional lace bred veil. Those can never go wrong. 




So there. oh yes, FYI, Viv does veils too. :) And man suits. prices as low as $190. So go ahead and browse through. I am sure you'll find smtg you like. even so, if you have a picture of what you want it to be, show it to Vivian, pay her the minimal, give her 3months and you will have it on, no disappointment. :)