Thursday 17 January 2013

the ultimate song choice. laadeedaa!

Yet again, here I am saying yes to your requests. :)

Song choice. Can be a bit anal isn't it?
Do you want people to get teary after watching it?
Do you want people to feel happy! after watching it?
Do you want it to be cheesy?
Do you want it to be like a music video?
.... so on and so forth.

What do you want?
What do you want?
What do you want?

As for me, I want something that viewers would like literally menangis tersedu2. Heh. Jahat. 
No lah I mean I want to be able to watch it now, or 10years later for that matter, and still drop a tear and feel all warm inside. 
There are many wedding videographer/cinematographer out there and their works are really amazing. 

It's all about EDITING. 

So I chose Cinematic Lens by Abg Naz. Why? Ok this is why.

2 years ago while I was browsing through you tube for the best cinematographer around, the first video I stumbled upon was from Cinematic Lens. And the first video I saw literally bought me to tears. I remembered it so vividly because I was actually in my company transport otw back home when I was still working in Jurong Island. kat dlm bus boleh nangis ehhhh. And ni bukan nangis like airmata all collection dlm mate tau. This is sobfest 2010 seriosuly. So right there and then, I made my pick, there was no reason to see any other videos or any other personnels. I wanted Abg Naz and I want viewers to experience exactly what I went through. Menangis tersedu sedu dlm bus. Kesiann. 

Curious what the video is? Well, here it is. Credits to Faizal & Fauziah. And of course to Abg Naz from Cinematic Lens kerane selalu melayankan ni Bridezilla. Heh. Nak ni la nak tu lah. 


Ok lah you can say, 'alah normal jer, tak nangis pun. ok2 jer. 

Well, kalau you tak moved a bit pun, tak rase ape2 pun, then you are MADE OF STONE! 
How can you not like even get a bit moved after watching that? 

Especially during the peluk2. haizz. i tengok 10kali pun 10 kali jugak nangis. Very sensitive man. 

So ya lah. 
As for the song choice, I had a few songs in mind. For me, straight up, it has to be a malay song. I dont think an english song is able to make me move as much as a malay one does. The feel very diff. But then again, up to you lah. 

Here are some songs that I feel, would suit a Wedding day video song:-
(Do bear in mind, some of the songs can be really old, ultimately, its the history you and your partner has in any songs'. )

Malay Songs:

1. Kopratasa - Permata Buat Isteri

2. Anuar Zain - Sedetik Lebih

3. Wali Band - Doaku Untukmu Sayang

4. Dealova - Once

5. Ungu feat Rossa - Tercipta Untukku

6. Ari Lasso - Cinta Sejati

7. Aizat - Lagu Kita

8. Samsons - Kenangan Terindah

9. Kris Dayanti - Pengabdian Cinta

10. Hady Mirza - Ku Tetapkan Menunggu

English Songs: 

1. Christina Perri - A Thousand Years

2. Frank Sinatra / Michael Buble / Nat King Cole - L.O.V.E

3. Carrie Mac - A Little Respect

4. Carrie Mac - Somewhere Only We Know

5. U2 - With or Without You

6. Another Level - From the Heart

7. Michael Buble - Everything

8. Michael Buble - The Way You Look Tonight

9. Michael Buble - Can't Help Falling in Love

Ok lah, maybe my songs are very the meleret kinds. But ey! that's how i am. I cant relate to fast songs for a weding video. I NO LIKE. 

So there you go. Enjoy choosing. I sure as hell am still figuring it out!

Love! Love! Love!