Tuesday 10 March 2015

Prenatal checks and choosing my Gynae

Choosing my gynae must be the most confusing and annoying thing ever considering the fact that EVERYONE has an opinion and everyone has some bad/good things to say.

See, i bukan lah mengade2 but i would rather not go with KK because KK is seriously f***ed up. I have worked there, i have seen and i have witnessed and i do not like it. Subsidize or private, irregardless, uh-huh, never.

So after much sought out baby forums and mummy forums and asking here and there, me and A has decided to go with Dr Adrian Benjamin Woodworth. Mainly because of convenience and also, i like him, got chemistry. I like doctors who dont talk a lot, make me more anxious only. Which was rather what was commented to me actually.

'Dr Adrian nvr talk one.  Very quiet. Must ask him qns. If not very fast. '

Ok you see. For me, a doctor who doesnt talk a lot, talks only whe he needs to works for me. This is also one of many reasons WHY i question the P&C of doctors in KK. Bebual kuat org luar pun boleh dgr. No EQ. God, just so uncomfortable.

Isnt it good that you have a doctor who only talks what is needed and answers all your questions and doubts instead of a doctor who talks non stop and distrupt your alleged way of thoughts?

I dont know. Whichever rocks your boat.

So to make it short, i actually started seeing Dr A when i was 10weeks down. Which he also said, why didnt you see me at 6weeks or from your point of post? Bahahahha. Dont know what to answer.

So the package was $688 (as of January 2015) from 10th week - end of pregnancy (birth). He also doesnt charge extra for meds when i came in for flu or cough and he is very generous with his MC. Heh. See of cours there will be refunds on a certain % if Dr Adrian were to my delivery doctor. We will see about that. The package was a basic one. With the ultrasound photos every visit and also routine checks. Not inclusive of blood takes if needed etx.

Before i forgot as well, actually the main reason why we decided with Dr Adrian was mainly because he has an evening clinic at Sengkang from 5.30-7.30pm on weekdays and also opens on alternate Sundays, which works well for me since i am on office hours and i do not want to take unnecessary leave to go for check ups. And his clinic is at Sengkang! How convenient since we are staying with mum now while our rooms are being leased out for at least a yr or two for now.

Alhamdulillah, everything is falling into place.
And i know A wont be reading this, he thinks blogging is a waste of time. But having a baby totally changes the way i feel and thinks of my darling A. I used to have this mindset that I am A's maid and he is very dependant on me in cooking, cleaning, ironing and all those routine housekeeping. But since knowing we are pregnant, A has been 100% attentive to all my needs and pls im not sugarcoating any of this. This is really straight from my heart.

I am so glad i have A as my husband, my khalifah, and the father of my children.
What more can i ask for?
I am very blessed. Thank you Allah.

Insert, first ultrasound :)

No comments: